From Martin Geddes
We are seeing increasing polarization. A polarization between competing ideologies.
* Polarization causes cognitive dissonance
* Cognitive dissonance causes thinking
* Thinking causes awakening
* Awakening causes rational discussion
* Rational discussion causes recognition of the best ideas
* Recognition of the best ideas causes switching sides in a debate
* Switching sides causes reduced polarization
* Reduced polarization causes prosperity
Polarization => Cognitive Dissonance => Thinking => Awakening => Rational Discussion => Identify Best Ideas => Switch Sides => Reduce Polarization => Prosperity
The random thoughts of 99th Monkey . . . an occasional rant and other reflections in the hall of mirrors.