Genuine grassroots revolution or NATO backed coup? Here are the facts to help you decide.
by Kit Knightly (https://off-guardian.org/2022/02/24/timeline-euromaidan-the-original-ukraine-crisis/)
As Russia actually do launch an invasion or “special operation” in Ukraine, we thought now was a good time to recap on how we got here.
The historical, political and ethnic divisions in Ukraine go back decades, if not centuries, but we don’t have the space for that kind of deep-dive. For now, we’ll be keeping it to three simple parts: The fall of Viktor Yanukovych, the Crimean referendum, and the ensuing civil war which puts the region in a direct path to the events of today.
Much like our 30 Facts on Covid, this piece is intended as a quick reference guide to help get friends and family up to speed on the recent history of Ukraine, a handy index of contemporary sources, or a refresher course for those who’ve forgotten the details.
Anyway, let’s get to it.
Click here for the article . . .
“Nearly every war that has started in the past 50 years has been a result of media lies.”
From independent journalist Vanessa Beeley:
"What do you believe Russia was supposed to do?
1. Allow an Obama implanted nazi regime to remain in place that had publicly declared an intent to carry out genocide against Russian speakers in Ukraine or those who refused to accept a NATO backed illegal regime? 13,000 had already been massacred by Ukrainian aka NATO proxy forces in the Donbass. Not to forget the #ISIS terrorists drafted in from #Syria and #Iraq
2. The Minsk agreements and associated reassurances have been ignored for 8 years by NATO.
3. NATO was clearly planning the proxy invasion of Donbass and blockade of Russia’s Western flank.
4. US was running biolabs in Ukraine and experimenting bioweapons on Ukrainian troops.
5. NATO was preparing to aid the neo Nazi regime to develop nuclear weapons
6. History shows that Ukraine was once part of Russia, 30% are Russian speakers, 1.9 million Ukrainians in Russia. US aided the escape of Ukrainian Neo Nazis post WW2 to weaponise them against Russia at a later date.
7. Putin did not "invade" Crimea.
8. This war cannot be compared to the US UK criminal interventions globally based on lies and fraudulent "dossiers", it is a genuine attempt by Putin to protect Russian national security
9. Lavrov has made clear the Russian aspirations
10. The West has created environments for war throughout its existence but they are not dealing with relatively weak nations here, they picked on a super power, Russia has targeted NATO military installations and I am glad they did so.
Being against war in my book means supporting those who challenge Western global hegemony.
Not to forget the Israeli intelligence collaboration with Ukraine to develop a Russia phobic sentiment. Israel sponsored the 2014 coup, Israelis commanded Ukrainian fascist militia, remember Odessa massacre? You can't support the Resistance against US UK-led genocidal global policies and then wring your hands when the Resistance gives the West a taste of its own bitter, brutal medicine.
I support Russia".
See also: Timeline: Euromaidan, the original “Ukraine Crisis”
“God bless you guys! We've been waiting for this since 1991” — local man shouts to Russian military convoy near Kharkov.
Lavrov speech :
Russia is interested in making the people of Ukraine independent and the government representative
What will be the outcome of what is happening in Ukraine - we will look at the situation
No one is going to occupy Ukraine
The trade blockade of Donbass is behind us
We see no possibility of recognising the current Ukrainian government as democratic
Zelensky himself has missed opportunities for security talks, don't be shifting the blame from bad to worse now
There is no obligation in the Budapest Memorandum on Ukraine to support a regime that has declared genocide of its people
Zelensky lied when he said that Russia did not agree to talks, he needed the Normandy format dialogue to replace the implementation of Minsk-2
Zelensky lies when he says he is ready to discuss Ukraine's neutral status
From Veterans Today:
"Russia’s military operation in Ukraine seems to be going very successfully. Of course, the initial reports should be taken with a grain of salt. But the question arises, what will the Russians find in Ukraine?
I have often reported that the U.S., more specifically the Pentagon, operates several bioweapons labs in Ukraine. The last time I reported on this was on January 27. The U.S. has always refused international inspections of its labs, so no one knows what they are researching in these labs. But we can assume that Russian special forces will take a closer look at these labs in the coming days.
And this seems to be exactly a can of worms. A tweet was published on Twitter about this and the user was immediately blocked. I won’t go into the content of the tweet, which can still be found in an Internet archive.
My point is that Twitter was so quick to delete a tweet and its author merely because he pointed out that there are U.S. bioweapons labs in Ukraine and that it looks like their capture is one of the important targets of the Russian military operation".
Click here for more details in original article . . .
Read the full report here . . .
The random thoughts of 99th Monkey . . . an occasional rant and other reflections in the hall of mirrors.