From independent journalist Vanessa Beeley:
"What do you believe Russia was supposed to do?
1. Allow an Obama implanted nazi regime to remain in place that had publicly declared an intent to carry out genocide against Russian speakers in Ukraine or those who refused to accept a NATO backed illegal regime? 13,000 had already been massacred by Ukrainian aka NATO proxy forces in the Donbass. Not to forget the #ISIS terrorists drafted in from #Syria and #Iraq
2. The Minsk agreements and associated reassurances have been ignored for 8 years by NATO.
3. NATO was clearly planning the proxy invasion of Donbass and blockade of Russia’s Western flank.
4. US was running biolabs in Ukraine and experimenting bioweapons on Ukrainian troops.
5. NATO was preparing to aid the neo Nazi regime to develop nuclear weapons
6. History shows that Ukraine was once part of Russia, 30% are Russian speakers, 1.9 million Ukrainians in Russia. US aided the escape of Ukrainian Neo Nazis post WW2 to weaponise them against Russia at a later date.
7. Putin did not "invade" Crimea.
8. This war cannot be compared to the US UK criminal interventions globally based on lies and fraudulent "dossiers", it is a genuine attempt by Putin to protect Russian national security
9. Lavrov has made clear the Russian aspirations
10. The West has created environments for war throughout its existence but they are not dealing with relatively weak nations here, they picked on a super power, Russia has targeted NATO military installations and I am glad they did so.
Being against war in my book means supporting those who challenge Western global hegemony.
Not to forget the Israeli intelligence collaboration with Ukraine to develop a Russia phobic sentiment. Israel sponsored the 2014 coup, Israelis commanded Ukrainian fascist militia, remember Odessa massacre? You can't support the Resistance against US UK-led genocidal global policies and then wring your hands when the Resistance gives the West a taste of its own bitter, brutal medicine.
I support Russia".
See also: Timeline: Euromaidan, the original “Ukraine Crisis”
“God bless you guys! We've been waiting for this since 1991” — local man shouts to Russian military convoy near Kharkov.
Lavrov speech :
Russia is interested in making the people of Ukraine independent and the government representative
What will be the outcome of what is happening in Ukraine - we will look at the situation
No one is going to occupy Ukraine
The trade blockade of Donbass is behind us
We see no possibility of recognising the current Ukrainian government as democratic
Zelensky himself has missed opportunities for security talks, don't be shifting the blame from bad to worse now
There is no obligation in the Budapest Memorandum on Ukraine to support a regime that has declared genocide of its people
Zelensky lied when he said that Russia did not agree to talks, he needed the Normandy format dialogue to replace the implementation of Minsk-2
Zelensky lies when he says he is ready to discuss Ukraine's neutral status
The random thoughts of 99th Monkey . . . an occasional rant and other reflections in the hall of mirrors.